This story absolutely made my day. People have been calling Barack Obama a Marxist. Well, he might be Socialist but this shows that he has some Capitalism left in him. I just hope he realizes it. This from the Chicago Sun-Times:
“[This is for his election party] The following coverage resource packages are available for purchase:
* Main Riser Position – $935 (Includes 4 Main Riser Credentials, 5’x8′ Slot on Covered Main Riser and one 20 amp circuit)
* Main Riser Position with Telecommunications – $1870 (Includes Main Riser Position services, PLUS two unlimited long distance/local phone lines and one wired high speed internet connection)
* Cut Riser Position – $880 (Includes 4 Cut Riser Credentials, 5’x8′ Slot on Covered Cut Riser, one 20 amp circuit)
* Cut Riser Position with Telecommunications – $1815 (Includes Cut Riser Position services, PLUS two unlimited long distance/local phone lines and one wired high speed internet connection)
* Press File Seat – $935 (includes 1 Press File Credential, seat in heated Press File Tent, Power, Cable Television, High Speed Wired Internet Service, Catering)
* Satellite Truck Position – $900 (includes 35’x20′ parking position and 100 amp electrical service)
* Radio Position – $715 (includes table space and chair behind the riser, power and an ISDN BRI line for radio — comes with two credentials)
Billing information must be submitted at as part of the request. Your credit card will not be charged until the campaign confirms your coverage resource package request. Coverage resource packages must be requested at:
Additional services may be purchased a la carte:
* Unlimited Long Distance Phone Line – $300
* High Speed Wired Internet – $275
* One 20 amp circuit – $165
For telephone service internet connectivity and additional power, orders must be placed by October 23rd, 2008. For questions on pricing or additional telecommunications assistance, please contact (deleted)
The following credentials may be requested at no cost:
* General Press Area – No Charge (Includes access to bike racked press area with standing room only)”
Sorry that post was so long but I thought it truly illustrated the entrepreneurship and capitalistic mentality that we are seeing out of a socialist campaign. If Barack Obama was a true Marxist, he would allow the poorer stations to have the best viewpoints, which is what this person from Chicago is getting upset about. She believes that only the rich news companies will be able to cover him.
This is even better because like I always say, you have a monopoly on you. Barack has a monopoly on Barack. He has a monopoly on the shots of the first Black President to be elected (if and probably that will happen).
The rest is here.